Recovering from Postpartum Depression

Recovering from postpartum depression

Recovering from postpartum Depression  is one of the crucial stages for new mothers.
In this blog I am sharing my own story. Yes, I delivered a baby boy 9 weeks back. Now I am in my recovery stage. I was working as a speech therapist as well as a consultant psychologist. Before my delivery. I was counselling for children with special needs, but recovering from this postpartum stage was very challenging for me. 

I want to share a few tips on what I am following in my recovery stage.·
• I am asking for help from my parents and my partner in all my daily routines, such as in cooking and cleaning work and taking care of the baby, as well as me. It’s normal; only our parents and partner will do all this for us. Here I want to strongly say, “Ask for help; don’t hesitate.”·
• I was talking to the people who will understand my situation and who will encourage me to overcome this stage. Because please cut down the people who will put you down in this situation.·
• I don’t share my baby’s picture with my relatives, so I was avoiding unwanted commands and advice.·
• Slowly I started spending some time for myself. Yes, I am interested in research works. When I was working, I was presenting case studies, and I will do research works based on the secondary dates, and I will read articles for my clinical practice as well as for my research works. So I started writing blogs. And I started reading articles for my writing.·
• I had taken one oath; in my mind, I will listen to my paediatrician’s advice only for my baby’s development.

At last I would strongly say that as a new mom, we can hear the advice from the doctor, and we have to take the decision in the baby’s care, because the parents are only responsible for the baby’s development and all.

Comments

  1. Your words reflect strength and positivity. It’s not easy to talk about postpartum recovery, but your openness will surely guide other moms through their own journey. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Variables in Speech Therapy: A crucial consideration for effective outcome

9 Signs that your child needs Speech Therapy

Essential Screen Time for Babies: Tips for parents